From:
The Weyr <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 7 Jan 2013 03:32:27 -0800
I have asthma and I have had several little People with breathing
difficulties. I have used Vicks several times but the one time it
caused trouble it was big time trouble and I was very angry with myself
for a long time. What we use instead is eucalyptus oil and camphor in
a crock pot full of water, in the kitchen, with the lid off. Vicks and
Walmart already put these in a bottle for you to use in those same
vaporizers but in slowly steaming them in the kitchen no one gets a big
dose and I have never noticed so much as an extra sniffle from them or
me. Eucalyptus is a natural bronchialator and I can tell you when I
come in from being gone even an hour I can feel my chest open up on
those bad days. No increase in nasal or sinus secretions, just blessed
air. The extra secretions that Vicks up close or too strongly are what
caused that trouble and I believe what Sukie is warning us about. (And
yes I will appreciate it when she corrects me if I got it wrong. :)

It's helpful for all kinds of breathing issues. I recently used it for
my 88 year old Uncle who has congestive heart failure. He fixes it for
himself now.

But as always . . . check with your vet.

Brenda, Momma to the FurpeopleWeyr
FurpeopleWeyr.com