Date:
Sun, 22 Oct 2006 06:19:51 EDT
Today my moms new ferret Teddy, bit me really hard on the nose causing
me to bleed. Now, my Mom is not reprimanding him. Teddy was playing
when he bit me, so do I still scruff him and drag even though he was
playing? By the time I was up and ready to do this, he took off. He
knew what was coming. MY mom tried bitter apple and it did nothing for
his biting. Teddy is 12 weeks old. My Mom loves fragrances. Since teddy
isn't fixed she is trying to keep the house smelling good with candles
and such. My dad is really picky about having things a certain way. He
is OCD. So, do you all still agree with the scruffing and dragging
method? Is there anything else that might be more effective? After I
do this, he runs away and it seems like he is ticked off at me and is
cussing me out. lol. Sorry, but I think this is a little strange.

Has this happened with anyone else? He's been drawing blood and I
always scruff and drag. This seems to not be doing anything. Or maybe
it does when I am there, but then my mom will not continue the training
after I leave. So please, anyone.....advice????

Thank you.