From:
Ken Nyren <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 22 Aug 2007 09:29:21 -0400
Hi all, The recent post about Matti, the Carolina ferrets girl that had
lymphoma and was put to sleep inspired me to send this post. We have
had two ferrets with lymphoma in the past 3 years. The first was a
little old lady that was 7 at the time of diagnosis. Our vet suggested
trying a new chemotherapy protocol she had recently read about. Long
story short it was a great success. Our old lady went through the
treatment and returned to her old self almost immediately. We had 2 1/2
more happy years with her before she crossed the bridge. We now have a
5 year old boy who has 3 more treatments to go and went from a skinny
sickly almost hairless sad sack to a robust fully furred little
fireball. The treatment is not inexpensive but our results have been
worth every cent. If you have a ferret with lymphoma be sure to discuss
the treatments options with your vet. Some times treatment is not the
right course, but we have heard of too many people who have had to say
good bye to a loved little fuzz butt because they thought euthanasia
was the only option.

Ken Nyren

Ken Nyren, 22/8/2007