From:
Katrina Ramsell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 2 Oct 1996 21:45:27 -0400
Hi,
I just read about the Fredonia mess.  How sad.  How do we know that if we
buy the ferrets for $1500 that this jerk isn't going to just go get more?  I
am originally from Kansas and I can probably get some people to help
transport some ferrets.  I'll work on finding some foster homes.

Also, someone said they recently got a ferret that screams when it sneezes.
I would have the glucose checked.  Although it is a young ferret, it could
be having seizures due to insulinomas.

By the way, I'm sad to say that I had to put my ferret Tilly to sleep last
Sunday.  She was almost 8 yrs old and she was so sweet.  She had
insulinomas, adrenal cancer, and lymphosarcoma.  She had some insulinomas
and an adrenal removed a couple of years ago and just finished going through
a years worth of chemotherapy 3 months ago.  She was such a trooper.  I
would come home every day at lunch and let her play outside, smell the fresh
air, and roll around in the grass (it was more of doing the "vacuum cleaner"
than rolling around).  Over the last week or so, she got very lethargic,
didn't want to eat, her feet starting looking a little blue to me, and I
noticed that she was breathing fast.  I took her to MSU.  She was very
dehydrated and they took 100 ml of fluid off her lungs on the left side
(that's a lot).  Saturday night they got her rehydrated, put her in an
oxygen chamber, and got her to eat quite a bit of AD/Deliver.  The next
morning she looked pinker, but she looked so tired, and she was breathing
very fast again and her chest was filling up with fluid again.  I couldn't
put her through any more, and I think we both knew it was time.  I'm sure
she is up in heaven playing ferret games with the little ones that you have
lost...

Katrina Ramsell