From:
Sheila Crompton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 14 May 1999 20:05:50 +0100
Fritz my disabled 7 y.o.  sandy hobble developed alopecia last year.  He
is very active, good apetite, in fact apart from lack of hair on his back,
flanks, belly and tail he's a picture of health.  My vet took a blood
sample last week and the results are below:-

Red cells            5.56 x 10 (12) /l
Haemaglobin         13.4  g/dl
PCV                  0.3  l/l
MCV                 54.0
MCH                 29.1
MCNC                44.7

White cells          6.4 x 10 (9)
Neutrophils         54%
Lymphocytes         45%
Monocytes            1%
Cosinaphils          0%

Platelets          253 x 10 (9) /l

Total protein       62.3 g/l
Albumin             32.6 g/l
Globulin            29.7 g/l
AC Ratro             1.10
Urea                 8.9 nmol/l
Creatinine          73.2 nnmol/l
ALT                 63.8iu/l
Alk Phos            31.0 iu/l
Gamma GT            4.4 iu/l
Total bilirubin     1.8 nmol/l
Amglose(?) 374     35.9 iu/l

Fritz was given a quick whiff of Isoflurane just to sedate him slightly
whilst the vet took the blood.

Are there any indications in the above that could account for Fritz's lack
of hair?

BTW Fritz's disability was probably caused by osteodystrophy - the breeder
obviously fed him an incorrect diet when he was a kit

Sheila
Bolton Ferret Welfare.
Membership Secretary & Editor of The National Ferret Welfare Society.
Web Site: www.btinternet.com/~sheila/ferrets.htm  last update 30 April 1999
Waiting at Rainbow Bridge: Jill, Deanna Troy, Cameron, Carnath, Button,
Bill, Bobby, Jasper & Inga