From:
Ronnie DiComo <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 7 Jul 1998 12:30:00 -0400
>Poncho was right there looking under the door.  So his head got stuck
>under the door!

I have several doors that are a couple of inches off the floor to allow for
w/w carpeting (which I don't have).  Shortly after Harry came to live with
me, he got his head stuck in the space under the door.  Fortunately, the
door was open and I was able to slide him out.  Someone had said they put
vaseline on their ferret to slide him out of a similar situation.  Scary
when it happens.  I believe male ferrets have some extra fat around their
necks which makes them especially prone to getting their heads stuck (ie,
they can get their head into a tight space, but not out because of the
fat)--am I remembering this correctly?

On ferrets in bed--Ralph, Harry, Roxanne and Petunia have all been known to
fall asleep on the bed.  So far Prince Charming, Merlin, Epcot and Clover
don't.  The bed ferrets are all sables; the non-bed ferrets are all white.
Weird, huh?  Must be some strange reason somewhere.

Ronnie & the crazy 8 in Mass.
Ralphie, Harry, Prince Charming, Merlin, Roxanne, Petunia, and Shoeweasels
Epcot and Clover