From:
Patricia Curtis <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 4 May 1997 21:24:16 -0700
Last week I got a call from a lady who had a ferret with an extra rib and a
severe limp and wanted me to find a good home for him and his companion
ferret.  She could not keep them and knew I'd take care of whatever they
needed.  I picked them up on Friday.

The male with the limp is Rookie, a 5 month old MF kit.  His companion is a
healthy 4 month old little girl.  Both are medium sables.  Rookie will go to
see the vet tomorrow, he's seen my vet once before and Roger wants to see
him again now that I have him.  He says the extra rib is a congenital
defect, and there is quite likely other defects in the spine which may only
get worse with age.  This is *not fair*!  But most of what we shelters see
isn't, unfortunately.  Rookie is a very sweet little boy, already giving me
kisses.  His back legs just don't work right, so he hops/scoots with his
rear when he walks.

I'll let you know what the vet says after tomorrow.

Trish
Director, Ferrets First Rescue & Shelter