From:
alexis perkins <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 22 Apr 1997 10:01:13 -0400
Hi there

I'm a bit concerned and hoped someone with more ferret experience could help
me.  My female ferret, Madeleine has lost a lot of weight recently.  Several
months ago she went through a chubby depressed period in which she wouldn't
play with her sister and was generally lethargic.  Luckily, she bounced back
from that, but as she became more active, she lost more and more weight.  I
don't have a scale, but I'm guessing that she's about a pound and a quarter
(she used to be one pound 9 oz.) and her ribs are very prominent (when you
pick her up she feels like a fuzzy skeleton).  She eats voraciously and we
give her linatone daily.  She looks rather healthy otherwise and is plenty
active.  Should I be worried?  Are parasites a possible factor?  Does this
warrant a trip to the vet?

Thanks in advance,

Alexis