From:
Nancy Farlow <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 5 Jul 1995 00:19:01 -0500
The message from Denise Voskuil on her new ferret sans tatoo reminds me of
our experience with a Marshall Farms ferret. We got her in February from
our local pet & pet food store here in NJ. Spayed and descented, or so the
paperwork guaranteed. Clover is our first ferret, and she is adorable,
sweet as can be.

She went into heat recently, so my vet figured they missed a bit of
reproductive tissue during her spay operation. He opened her up to do an
"exploratory spay," and found her completely intact! My pet shop made good
on the vet bill, which they promptly took up with Marshalls, who I assume
reimbursed them. We didn't think to check at the time whether Clover was
descented - I assume she wasn't, but I'm not going to worry about that now.
She's been through enough.

Clover does have her tatoo, however. I hope Denise & Gene Voskuil's ferret
missed only its tatoo appointment!

      \\\\|////
       \\\|///
       (-@^@-)      "it's out there!"