From:
Richard Beveridge <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 3 Jul 1999 21:04:26 -0700
Let me explain.  I just spent a week at an English Horse Cross Country
School in a place called Chase Creek, miles from anywhere in the middle of
British Columbia.  We had our 6 furballs in the camper with us, and we were
a million miles from other ferret people.  We invited one of the other
participants over for a 'pop' after a long workout and the first thing she
said was " WOW FERRETS' !  We went through the usual warnings about, yes
they are cute, yes you can hold one, and yes they may nip if you try to
kiss one.  The girl, Amy, responded by saying she knew all about ferrets as
she worked in a veterinarian's office in Seattle.  I was impressed !  Amy
further went on to tell me she knew a fellow who ran a ferret shelter in
Seattle.  His name was Fred Lipinski !

Hmmmmm I thought .... could it be Ed ?  I asked her if 'Fred' had a strange
sense of humor and she immediately asked if I knew him.  I told her that I
'kinda' knew him and asked for an example of his humor.  Amy told me she
had received a phone call from 'Fred' asking if he could book a male ferret
into the clinic for a vasectomy.  Amy asked if 'Fred' meant a neutering.
'Fred' said 'No a vasectomy'.  This took Amy by surprise, until she
realized who the caller was.

So there you have it folks. 'Ed' Lipinski may be a fake name used by
'Fred' Lipinski who is trying to hide his real identity.

Or ...... maybe Amy had a few too many 'pops' and was slurring his name
a little.

Either way, it looks like (fr)Ed Lipinski is truly a real person, as I
actually spoke to someone who knows him firsthand.