From:
Elwin Bullard <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 15 Nov 2000 23:23:23 -0600
My oldest, Ootz(MF Blk Sable 9 yro), quit eating about two weeks ago.  She
lost weight and we went to the vet.  Ootz has had two adrenal surgeries
on her right gland and that is what I thought was happening.

Test confirmed that it was not her adrenal gland or anything else we could
define.

Since the visit I have been force feeding and hydrating her.

The Vet seems to think it is just her time to go.

All she does is sleep when I am not feeding her.  After feeding her
when I put her back into our room she makes a circuit of the room and
them goes to her spot to sleep until time to go to the cage.

Am I being selfish by keeping her here if it is her time?

Should I go ahead and help her cross the Bridge or keep feeding her as
long as she will let me?

I love her very much but do not want to make going any harder for her
than necessary.

Please no angry messages.  I just needed someone to bounce my thoughts off.

She acts normal except that she will not eat or drink on her own.  She has
shown interest in a ferret treat and things that are plastic but will not
eat any food.

Thanks,
Elwin