From:
Greeter 421 <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 17 May 2009 11:01:16 -0400
No. 421 and Oliver picked up the picnic basket and started down the
path to the Ferretone Falls for a day in the sun. The two friends had
been working hard and needed a day off.

Ferrets were gathering at the Falls for a fun day with dancing,
dooking, and music by Sammy and his band. The band had been practicing
every night and were ready for the big day.

Oliver was bringing his ball, and hoped to find enough ferrets for a
game.

The two friends topped the hill and saw the Receiving Angel hurrying
toward them.

"The Boss sent me to ask a special favor," the Receiving Angel said.
"One of our Bridge Greeters can't work today. Could you take some time
out to greet a little ferret boy coming our way? This is a special
request from the big Boss, so if you can help, we would appreciate it."

Oliver and No. 421 looked at each other and nodded. "Sure, we can
help," No. 421 said. And Oliver mentally thought he would have at
least one ferret for the ball game. Things were definitely looking up.

No. 421 told Oliver to take the basket to the Falls, and tell everyone
he would be along but he would be bringing a guest and be just a little
late.

"When you get there, try to find Griffin, Chloe, Osiris, Kassia and
Billy," No. 421 said. "They will be happy to welcome Albert to the
Bridge. He can come to the Ferret Fun Day and it will be a nice welcome
for him."

The two friends parted and No. 421 hurried over to the Bridge. "I can
tell the Boss you have it under control?" the Receiving Angel said.
"Albert passed the end of April, so he is probably down in the meadow
on the other side of the Bridge. I'll send Blue Bird to get him and
send him across."

"No problem," No. 421 said. "We have plenty of food and the more
ferrets we have the more fun we will have. Send him over."

A few minutes later, a big albino boy started across the Bridge.

"Hello there," called No. 421. "Who might you be?"

"My name is Albert, Momma Staci called me Prince Albert," the ferret
said. "Momma went to a party, I settled down to take a nap and wait for
her, and here I am. What happened?"

"You have passed over to the Rainbow Bridge," No. 421 said. "You will
wait here for your Mom to come and collect you when it is her time to
cross. We have some of your family here, and they will be happy to see
you. We were just going to a Fun Day, and you can come as my guest."

Prince Albert looked at No. 421. "Are you sure I'm going to like it
here?" he asked. "What about my Momma? Won't she miss me?"

"Yes she will," No. 421 said. "But, lets go the Fun Day and you can
send a message back to her."

The two ferrets hurried down the path and across the field to the
Ferretone Falls. Oliver had found Griffin, Chloe, Osiris, Kassia and
Billy. With Albert, he had enough ferrets for a game.

"Hey Albert, that you?" Griffin called. "Fellers, look whose here. How
you doing ol' buddy, how are things at the house?"

Albert dooked and hugged his family members and the gang sat down to
catch up on all the news.

Gentle Breeze came over and ruffled Albert's fur and said she would
take a message back to Momma Staci.

"Tell her I am fine now," Albert said. "I have found my family, I am
feeling good, and I'm going to a party. Tell her not to feel bad about
leaving me, as I just went to sleep to wait for her. I love you Mom,
and I'll see you when you get here."

He packed some hugs and kisses in a puffy cloud and told Gentle Breeze
to please take them to Momma Staci. Gentle Breeze left the party,
pushing the little cloud ahead of her.

Sammy and the band started to play, and the grill was fired up. Raisin
Kabobs were put on to cook, with banana slices on the side. Ferrets
everywhere were playing ball, swimming in the pool, and Billy told
Albert they had an extra room and he could move right in with them.

No. 421 just sat back and enjoyed the day. He would fill in his logbook
tonight, but for now, he was going to just have fun.

Fang and Honey had just arrived with a big basket of goodies, and Buddy
was behind them carrying two big jugs of sweet lemonade. Oliver had his
ball game going, and No. 421 was happy. His mission was complete, and
he could sit here in the sun with his shades on, work on his tan, and
watch those two cute little girl ferrets.