Date:
Sat, 27 Jun 2009 13:12:41 -0400
Two months ago, I lost my wolfysluv.com because the generous fella who
donated the domain to me accidentally let it expire. I was hoping to be
able to scoop it back up, but I find that I am unable to. At first my
friend said could be retrieved, but at an expensive price. Now, I dont'
even know if those that own it would sell it. I tried going through
some a professional hosting company and they say its gone. The only
way to get is if those that scarfed it up would sell it. So I"m stuck.
I'm devastated because this url is really "out there", published all
over the world. For example, it is in the Ferrets for Dummies book as a
resource for deaf, blind, and physically impaired ferrets. Furthermore,
it is the home of the Sean and Rocky story. I can get a .net, .org or
something if I had the extra money right now, but being that I'd still
have to change the addie of the site .. I'm not sure that getting
a .net or something would actually help at this point or not. When I
get the spare money, I still probably need to do that at some point so
that I have security through a major company like Hostmonster as well
as sole control from now on.

In any case, as my daddy loves to say at the end of every point he
makes ... that's the story. Thank goodness due to so much careful back
up and planning from Kat Parsons, my site is still intact at a mirror
site. There is an old, out of date site from my past still up. Be aware
however that Google will direct you to this old Geocities site if you
search out "deaf ferrets". The information on those pages is very out
of date and even incorrect. The site in general is also lacking a lot
of pages. Further complicating things, Geocities is set to shut down in
October. I'm hoping to get Google to turn up my mirror site instead and
that would be a huge relief.

So please do not depend on and share the Geocities addie and use this
other addie instead. Its up to date.
http://wolfysluv.terrabox.com/

Since it does not come up in Google (Kat Parsons is trying to rectify
this for me), and since its not published in mags, books, etc, I'm
humbly asking you to bookmark this site so if someone is interested
in Sean and Rocky or needs information about deaf ferrets and other
special needs ferrets ... you will have it on hand.

Thank you so much, and I"m so sorry.
Wolfy

[Moderator's note: The b*st*rds who snarfed your domain are a domain
hoarding company that makes their money by trying to resell recently
expired domains, usually by attempting to extort money from the former
registrant. Although it doesn't help much now, it's quite likely they
will let go of the name after a year or two -- there's no money for
them to continually pay to renew an assest they can't resell. Check
again on 10 April 2010. BIG]