From:
Joyce Henkel <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 17 Mar 1998 07:40:51 -0600
I know by reading this wonderful list that one of my sweethearts is a MF
ferret but recently discovered that Bo has only one blue dot in his right
ear.  Tried looking for a second but was unable to find one.  What breeder
uses just one blue dot in the right ear?

Can previous ownership have alot to do with their behavior?  Bo, I figured
out, must have come from a very loving home before I adopted him.  When out
for walks and if there are any children or dogs around he must go and check
them out.  He wants to play with the dogs and be petted by the children.
He is very gentle and a cuddler at times.  Tye, on the other hand, is very
skittish at sudden sounds, doesn't like to held for a long time, loves to be
out of the cage, is ready to pounce and bite without provocation (at times).
Acts like he was abused in some way or caged for a long time.  When Rich was
getting ready for last years deer bow season, Tye & Bo were both snooping in
his gear.  Tye started acting very skittish or frightened (don't know if
those are the right words) like he was sensing something amiss.  We figured
he must have been trapped or caged at one time and the colors or smells from
the hunting gear triggered something because he wouldn't let me pick him up
or anything.  Just hissed and tried to bite me.  I adopted them when they
were thirteen months old and from what the shelter told me they had just
rescued both of them from the local Humane Society.  So if anyone can give
me some insight into this I would appreciate it.

Tye is adjusting and taming down quite a bit in the last seven months.
They are such a delight and I wouldn't trade them for the world.

Happy St. Patrick's Day

Dooks, kisses, etc.

Joyce
BO (I want to go find the kids from upstairs -- let me out)
Tye (Bo, stop grabbing my ears and dragging me around -- I want to be by
myself)