From:
"Juliana Quadrozzi - Georgia Domestic Ferret Association (GDFA)" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 28 Nov 1996 15:13:38 -0500
>From:    Catherine Shaffer <[log in to unmask]>

Many years ago when I had a bad flea infestation I also used bombs to
annihilate the little blood suckers.  But I hated the residue on EVERYTHING.
Like toxic slime.  Luckily I haven't had to deal w/the problem for many
years.

Fleas are a big problem in GA.  No matter who I've spoken to that has tried
a product called FLEA BUSTERS raves about it.  It is not a chemical, but an
odorless non-toxic mineral power that's worked into the carpet & upholstery
& kills fleas in the home continually for a year or more.  You can have the
service done for you by the company, or purchase the product from your vet.

Program is good (& very expensive), but doesn't kill the flea, it only keeps
them from reproducing.  On my crits, as a preventative measure during the GA
heavy flea season, I use FRONTLINE (800-660-1842 for product info), which is
a neurosomethinginhibitor (it kills them), w/no ill effects to the ferrets.
The 8.5 oz bottle cost me about $20.  But since you only sprits once down
the back of each frit it goes a long way.

Juliana
Frodo, Rocks, Anola Gay, SNAFU, FUBAR, Tabu, Chaos & Tuxedo *what's a blood
sucker?*