Date:
Wed, 12 Jul 2006 22:56:34 -0500
Hello the list!

It is with regret that my husband and I ask for your assistance.  We
have had ferrets since the first year of our marriage, and just this
year suffered the loss of our two eldest fuzzies of six and seven years
respectively (One had insulinoma, I'm sure of it..  and we just have no
knowledgeable vets..  and I had no idea at the time, and the other had
cancer.).  We have four surviving fuzzies, and wouldn't have had a
problem taking care of them except for a life change.  We are getting
ready to take jobs that will require us to be away from home for weeks
at a time, and I don't think that this quality of life is best for my
ferrets.  We are very busy now as well, and do not have alot of time to
spend with them..  but they are well cared for.

As far as I know they have no medical problems.  Apache has always been
very petite and slender, and Amber has been portly and slow-witted.  They
were Canadian ferrets, and much harder to break of bad habits.  Amber
tends to nip for no apparant reason, we've never truly figured out why.
My boys are Max, and Feyd..  Max was a rescue, and Feyd is the baby.
They are very well natured and love attention.  All are altered, and
originally bought from pet stores (including my rescue, he was bought
from the pet store by his owner).  I am willing to give them to someone
who can take good care of them, along with all my equipment/cages/etc.
I will require a few references, and probably ask alot of questions.
These have been my kids for five years now (they're all younger than our
first two), and I want to be sure they will be well cared for.  I want
them all to go together..  I don't think I can take seeing them peter
off one at a time with individual owners.

It's a big responsibility, but if you're willing to take it.. and have
some very good companion animals as your reward, then please contact me.
My email address is as listed in the entry.

Thanks for your attention!
Carla