From:
Melissa Little <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 23 Apr 2002 22:25:49 -0400
Blessings to all ferrets and the hoomans that love them.

A year ago today, April 24, we helped our darling Sweet Pea to the
Bridge.  It was the hardest thing we have ever had to do.  We adopted her
in January, so our time with her was short, but worth every minute.

My husband and I both took the loss hard.  We knew she was in a better
place and felt like she hadn't in a while, but we missed her deeply, as
we still do.

I have always believed that for every loss we go through, we gain as well.
With every death, there is a birth.

I posted here about the loss, just wanting to get feelings out and try
to feel a little better.  The emails that I received touched both of us
deeply.  There was one email that for some reason touched me more than
any other.  I printed it off and put it in the folder we had for all of
Sweets paperwork.  Not too long ago I really started to miss her and
pulled out some of the emails that I copied and read them.  It was
comforting.  Again I saw the email and was deeply touched.  There was
nothing really unusual that was said.  But it finally clicked.

Sandy Deem sent me that email.  She had just lost her beloved Bear, who
by the way was a cutie.  Since then we have emailed each other daily, at
least when we can.  She has been an inspiration to me and has helped me
through some tough times.  I have tried to be there for her as well.

I lost my best friend and gained another.  I am grateful for that every
day.  I just wanted to let her know that I appreciate her.

Sandy, tonight at 8:30 central time, Mike, Popeye(Sweet Pea's brother) and
I are going to go out on the porch and light a candle for Sweet Pea and
Bear.  I have one that the scent is called Angel Wings and I thought that
was more than approprite for our babies.  Feel free to join us there, but
you will be here with us I know, for you are forever in my heart.  I
could not ask for a better friend than you.  Thanks for being there for
me.  I appreciate it.  I am truly blessed.

Love ya,
Melissa
missing Sweet Pea and Bear sharing raisins at the bridge where he hid them
under the lilac bush