From:
Kelleen & The INSANE 10 <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 20 Apr 1996 23:28:16 -0700
Hi All,

I feel the need to explain that I may be absent from the FML for a short
time ( maybe 2 weeks) or a bit more or less depending.  You see I suffer
badly from chronic clinical depression.  For unknown reasons and some known
ones the last month has been pure h*ll for me.  I have been very swamped
with various things and the tension, lack of sleep, disappointments etc...
have only added to the problem.  I already take the maximum allowable of my
meds as I have a very stubborn and strange body chemistry.  I always say
that I KNOW my mother slept with an alien but she just WON'T admit it!!!
After a very short time all my past Doctors have agreed with that
statement!!  <G>

I have been completely unable to catch up on FML's and feel behind in almost
everything.  Except the Canada ferret White Fang.  I WILL still be working
very closely with Trish daily to tie up some loose strings on that
situation.  NEVER FEAR FANG IS ALWAYS HERE!!  If any of you have questions
of me or need my help in ANY way DO NOT hesitate to write me privately.  I
will still be doing all I can to help anyone that needs it and to keep up
with correspondence from my friends.  I will do my best during this time to
catch up on the FML's and then keep reading them daily.  I will think of you
all often during this time.

I think what drove it home was my day today.  I and my Mom have spent 2
weeks straight working on organizing a TON of trading cards I have.  I
wished to sell as many as possible at a gaming convention auction.  Some $$$
to be used for bills other for the Shelter part of FANG.  This was very
painful work as I have been in 8 car wrecks to this date and have bad back
problems as a result.  I lost a lot of sleep and the depression escalated
even higher.  We worked on them today right up till 6:30 pm and the auction
was at 7:30 pm..  I took many hundreds of dollars worth of card sets to the
auction tonite ($500 or more at lowest bid price) and managed to sell a
whole "ONE" set of them for $40!!!!  I also sold a few gaming books so I
walked away from all that horrible 2 weeks of work with a whopping $62!!!  I
was, to say the least, very upset, angry and depressed.

Then when I finally got home, late, I found the little shits had managed to
miraculously gain access to my fireplace mantle and they knocked off all 3
stone critter ferrets I have.  The little domestic ferret was broke clean in
two and the med.  sized BFF has it's ears completely chipped off.  The 3rd,
a med. domestic fert, somehow managed to miss the stone in front of the
fireplace and landed on the carpet.  Thank heavens for that at least.
Wouldn't be so bad if I could afford to buy new ones but I can't.  So you
can see what kind of day I have had.  I have now realized that I MUST take
care of myself for awhile in order to be of any good to anyone else.
Especially as FANG has the big National Pet Week thing at Zamzow's on May
11th!  That means that I must get rid of as much pressure as I can ( even if
it is self-imposed).  I have to get some real rest and most of all I have to
have a little fun and give and get tons of loves to and from all my ferts.
So I came to the sad conclusion that I must take my time in catching up with
FML business and not worry about trying to read it all right away and then
respond to all I can.  I hate to respond to things way after they are
written so I always pressure myself to catch up and keep up.  Just not
possible this time.  Many of you may say HOORAY!  at my being gone but I
know from hearing from MANY of you before that I will be missed as well
during this time.  So to the ones who will miss me I say THANK YOU and never
fear, I WILL BE BACK!!!!  To the others : Asta La vista BABY!!!!!  TNT!!!!

PS : Of course a real biggie in my downward spiral was wrecking my car last
week and doing at least $2000 worth of damage.  I have a $500 deductable so
getting it fixed is out of the question!  Bought a new tailight my Dad will
install and to heck with the rest.  Oh well, I have nearly 110,000 miles on
the beast anyway!  All this due to a b**ch at the Humane Society!!  Ahhhh, a
long story better saved for in private or another day!!

*      Kelleen & the INSANE Animal House              *
*      President and Founder of F.A.N.G.              *
*      (Ferret Association of Neverending Glee)       *
*      405 S. Orchard   Boise, Idaho  83705           *
*   I'll take a good animal over a good mate anyday!  *
*   All they want is lots of love and great chow.     *
*         Idiocy is our only option!                  *
*     Dustin Hoffman from movie Outbreak              *