From:
Kelleen Andrews <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 11 Sep 1995 20:16:07 -0700
TO DAVID WELCH,
I AM NO EXPERT BUT I HAD PROBLEMS WITH A CARPET KILLER AND POOPINATORS TOO!
So my suggestions are to buy plastic or metal carpet runners at a hardware
or home improvement store to stop the carpet problem, it worked like a
charm w/mine and MORE LITTERBOXES!!!!!!!!  Remember these sweet babies have
real small bladders and such and have to go rather quickly when they get
up.  Mine I think just couldn't make it the distance to a litterbox.  I
also got the most wonderful suggestion off the Ferret FAQ I believe to put
down tile in the corners under the boxes in case they have an accident by
not quite making it to the box,,,,, it is sooooooo easy to clean up then
and my sweeties will always go in a litterbox since we now have approx.  30
of them throughout the house!!!!!  It may sound like overkill but it is a
heck of a lot easier to clean up and totally solves blowing up mentally due
to poo & pee on the carpets!!!!!  I found sticky backed and non-sticky
backed tile on closeout at a Color Tile store for as little as 29 cents a
tile!!!!!!!  I bought 5 complete boxes so I will never run out!!!!  It
won't hurt your carpet to use the sticky backed since I have used it
w/absolutely NO problem!!!!!  Just make sure to also put tile up onto the
wall around the edges and just bend it in the middle putting half on the
tile on the carpet and half up on the wall....  This way IF they should go
in the edge of it you won't have anything seeping through to the carpet
below.....  Hope this helps......

Fuzzy Kisses Forever, Kelleen and the INSANE Animal House!!!!!!