From:
Corynne dejong <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 26 Jul 2000 13:13:40 EDT
We still haven't found our little one, Beau, it's been 2 weeks exactly & I
cried myself to sleep last night missing him.  It seems that the addition
of a new ferret has just made me miss him more!  Especially since he is so
much like Beau.  Well we named the new addition Duke (my husband's favorite
show as a kid was dukes of hazard so we have Daisy, Beau (missing), Jesse,
and Duke now).  He has started eating our mix of food soaked in water &
warmed up.  Hopefully he will be eating regular dry food soon.  He has
finally started playing this morning as he and Daisy are getting used to
one another and he is gaining weight.  We've given him 2 flea baths and
last night I found another flea!  I think everybody is going to have to get
a bath and the carpets are going to have to be cleaned!

I've been reading a lot about the W--- something syndrome with the silver
mitts with deafness & blindness.  Duke is a silver mitt with a white head,
and we're not sure if he's deaf or if he's just ignoring us.  It was easy
figuring out that Jesse was deaf, but this one has got us puzzled.  What's
the best way to figure it out?

Corynne