From:
Tracy Navratil <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 10 Nov 1998 04:43:04 -0600
Well, I went and picked up the ferret last night from the girl who called
me and told me that her ex-boyfriend dumped his ferret on her.  She told me
she was going to let it go outside if no one would take it....we have had
6 - 7" of snow here and it is very cold.  I told her to please wait until I
got there.  I picked it up and there was no cage, toys, or anything with
it.  She did give me papers that showed which pet store she got it from and
that her boosters have been current.  The ferret is a 2 year old female,
Marshall Farms, sable.  She is an absolute sweetie but is obviously
malnourished and has very little muscle mass.  Her hair is brittle and very
scarce, she has lost some on her tail.  She is a bit skittish.  She probably
was an only ferret for her two years and possibly neglected/abused.  She
shivers when being picked up and tries to back away.  She was kept in a pet
corral temporarily (very small corral - she only had enough space to run in
circles).  *sigh*

I currently have 4 ferrets now so I will have to try very slow introductions
because I don't know how long it will be before I find this little one a
home.  If my landlord finds out I have 5 in my apartment - he might kick me
out (he thinks I only have 2 right now).  I have an extra 2 story cage that
she has all to herself.  She doesn't know what a cage is, hammock,
ferretone, raisins or toys are.  She is very good at using her litter pans
and does not even nip.  On her vet papers, it said that her physical came
out okay and that was a couple of months ago.  Is anyone in the surrounding
areas interested in adopting?  I live in Bismarck, North Dakota.  Feel free
to e-mail me.  It's hard not to fall in love with these fuzzies.... I
immediately became teary-eyed just looking at her.  Fuzzy hugs and kisses!

Tracy Navratil (Jose)
Tango, Chico, Roo, Pepe' and one little, scared, dook-less sweetie!