From:
joe eggemeyer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 24 Sep 2005 10:02:40 -0500
I and my GF had a nice sweet Ferret, and we thought she could use some
Ferrety interaction, so we went to the pet store.  Intent upon finding
her one friend, we came home with two.  They were both too cute to not
take home, and I didn't really want to leave them in that store.  It was
a bit dirty and I originally didn't intend on getting anything there.
The customer restroom was in worse shape than most gase station toilets.

Anyways, shortly after interducing them all, they played and froliced
and all was good.  A few days later the bigger albino one had bruised up
ears.  We took the other male out, since we had caught him nibbling, and
put him in the other cage for a few hours.  We put him back, and then the
next day, Vlad, the albino's ears were coated in a thin layer of blood,
and he had been pinned, by Balthezar, inside of a blanket.  Now these two
came from the same store, same enclosure, so I can only assume that he
didn't do this at the shop, and he even occasionally picks at Gracie,
our little 7month old female.

We thought maybe it was a ratio issue, as it was two boys and one girl,
sooo we bought another female, another semi-albino.  We put them all
together, and let them frolick again, then tried putting them into the
same cage and Bal went immediately back to bitting.  Is there a way to
break him of this?  Or is it possible that he is just destined to have to
sleep in his own cage?  When there is plenty of room to maneuver, he just
pounces and runs off like the others, but in the cage he pins them down.
Is he playing and they just can't get away, or is he being intentionally
abusive?

Joe and Kelly

a woman, Zophael?  It's like dying.  You moan, cry out; you get to a spot
that has you begging for release.  Once, I was an angel of death.  Now, I
die every day, when I have the cash.