From:
"Benita G. Booker" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 5 Aug 2002 08:39:10 EDT
I am a full-time college student.  5 classes.  I have a husband who does
nothing in the home when it comes to pets, I also play professional
full-contact football during that season.  Now starting the season early
I just got done in June.  I have 12 ferrets in which everyone had a
reason to give up for some reason or another.  So you think all ferrets
were the perfect ferrets when they came along.  No, they were ferrets
that were worked with.  Hold on, I forgot... At one time I was also
working part-time during the begining of football try-outs and the fall
semester with 5 classes (full-time).  So, let's say, I am doing something
with my life.  My rottie tore up furniture when I got him when I was in
the military.  Did I get rid of him.  No, he died of old age.  Boy, did I
go through stuff with him.  But, I seek ways of changing him.  Not ot
speak of cats and their furniture scratching.  May I say I had leather
funiture at that.  Did I seek to get rid of him.  He was mean as Hell.
Didn' t like no one.  Was not trainable.  My brand new leather water bed
looked like crap when I had him.  Not only that my cat scratched up
continually the side that was seen at the door not the other side.  He
would tear up the apartment.  He had more toys than a cats toys-r- us.  I
can go on about different animals I have had.  Not once did I get rid of
them.

If you consider, 8 months to be long enough that's you.  I help a shelter
here.  I hear what excuses come in.  Yes, she is doing here "DUTY" to
seek out a home.  8 months, later.  I have been married for 5 years.
Hell, I am still working with him.  Do I get rid of him?  no.  Do I get
rid on anything when it comes to ferrets.  NO.  I impulsed shopped.  I
went in to get a guinea pig.  Didn't see the color my husband wanted.  I
left with a ferret.

Forgot to mention, my part-time job was in a pet-store.  Honey I have
seen it and heard it.  Maybe, when anyone post.  We should except
everything without having an opinion.  Because it may not be the calm or
supporting thing to do.  Let's just take in and support every thing that
comes through without an opionion.

We'll at the moment my time has run out.  If anyone has anything else to
imput.  Feel free to e-mail me at my address.  This way the post can get
on with their daily activities.  Because my get on with life has a
situation of getting a ferret to the vet for lab work and then rushing to
class to turn in my project.  Coming home and then cleaning behind 12
ferrets, 2 guinea pigs, 5 assorted birds, 1 mouse, 1 rehab ferret, oh did
I mention 1 husband and myself.  Please do not feel other people are not
doing anything else in their lives.

To your last statement.  Other pets.  I don't know about you.  But, every
pet is not a poster pet.  They have issues to.  So, when they are not
suitable to you.  Just get rid of them.  Because a puppy can sometimes
wreck a home just like anything else.  So, if he does.  You say.  Get rid
of them.  Back to the old disposable pet syndrome.

Gotta Go.  My day is starting.

Benita