From:
Pam Grant and STAR* Ferrets <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 31 May 1995 22:47:13 -0400
For anyone who would like to complain to the HSUS about their very one sided
anti-ferret campaign which was aired on CBS on 5/31/95, please write to:

Paul Irwin, President, HSUS
2100 L. Street NW
Washington, DC 20037
202-452-1100

Ask about dog bite and dog related death reports.
Ask about where the parents of that child were at the time of the "attack" on
the infant's nose.
Ask how a "humane" society can single out a specific pet, to be
descriminating against ferrets, when they have so few rabid cases (15 since
1958).
The only animal with less of a biting problem than ferrets are guinie pigs.
Tell your good stories,
let the HSUS know that they will not be receiving a contribution from you
until they change their position on ferrets.
Send them photos with ferrets and children and babies (Bill Killian - are you
reading this???)
Send photos of ferrets palying with other pets.

SEND LOTS OF LETTERS!!!!

MAKE LOTS OF CALLS!!!

LET THE HSUS KNOW THAT THERE ARE 1110+ UPSET PEOPLE OUT THERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you for your support.

We WILL be very agressive at the HSUS Expo in Las Vegas in February 1996 -
are you with us?

Pam Grant
STAR* Ferrets

(ps   don't mention STAR* at the Expo in your letter - we don't want to give
them any reason to not let us come...)