From:
Troy Lynn Eckart <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 23 Sep 1996 11:37:39 -0500
Gads!  If we could understand these little turkins the ones in our home
would be talking about my stupidity!

The other day Mugsy took his most prized possession, the tv remote.  That
night I tore the futon apart, hoping it had just fallen under the cushion
(o.k.  I know but I was hoping...).  After 15 minutes of frantic searching
and finally realizing it just wasn't there I knew WHO had taken it.  I
searched the house for a good hour without success.  I again searched in the
morning before work and later that evening too.  I thought I could
"outsmart" Mugsy and give him his second most prized possession, a syringe
with a tiny bit of Amoxi, so I gave him just a taste and laid the syringe on
the tv tray for him to take.  He just looked at me.  So I put the syringe on
the futon in front of him.  He looked at me then proceeded to gingerly play
with the syringe with eyes sparkling and mouth laughing.  He tossed it up
and rolled it between his paws and kicked at it with his pack paws.  All the
while laughing at me!  After a few minutes he lept off the bed and ran down
the hall.  Ah Hah, I thought he would go check to make sure the remote was
still in his hidey hole.  He ran into the front bedroom behind the mattress
that stands up against the wall and... curled up with the other ferrets that
were there, looking up at me as a picture of innocence.  Well several hours
later I finally found the remote (I was determined to find it) under the
curtain behind the medium wire cage in a very small space.  I only happened
to see it when I was actually looking some place else, BUT we won't tell
Mugsy that.  He's laughed enough at me for awhile... I really can't blame
him, I laugh at myself a lot too.  :-)

Hugs to all.  tle