Date:
Thu, 29 Jan 2009 07:15:04 -0800
I have no experience feeding prey animals to my ferrets.

I do agree with Beth of Critter camp when she says *the scent of prey
animals CAN make a ferret aggressive*.

She went on to say animals such as hamsters, gerbils, mice should not
be kept in the same room as ferrets.

My vet treats ferrets and other small animals such as pet rats,
hamsters, rabbits. She has separate rooms with recovery kennels so
there is no possibility of the scent of one upsetting the other.

I have parrots.

I have one ferret that WILL go after a bird. The bird is larger than
the ferret, and could very easily remove large chunks of ferret body
parts.

I do not know if this ferret is going after the parrot because of
food/prey scent, or because he thinks this would make a nice toy.

Whatever the reason, I imagine my parrot thinks the ferret is one
aggressive, not very smart, blood sucking monster.

Ardith