From:
Margaret <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 19 Oct 2005 11:24:12 -0700
For the first time in a couple of decades I am living in an apartment.
I live alone, I certainly don't smoke (having both parents die of lung
cancer does that to you) but I am still dealing with it.

It comes in at times through the air conditioner vent.  What I think is
that the air conditioner is drawing air in an airshaft (I can see a
grilled opening in the closet that houses the unit).  It must be a shared
shaft.  Since the beginning of the month when folks behind me moved in, I
have smelled smoke off and on.

Any ideas for dealing with it?  I am trying to save for an air cleaner
but it really tight on my budget.  I am just hoping someone might give
me some ideas to stop it before it comes into my apartment.

I don't want my ferrets dealing with it at all.  The apartment is small,
and all the places cages can sit are by air ducts.  Besides, *I* really
don't want to be subjected to it either.

blessings,
Margie