Date:
Thu, 17 Aug 2000 15:37:36 -0300
My Daisy Mai is over 7 years old now and has been showing signs of adrenal
for a year or so.  Daisy is Insulinomic too.  She has been on Pediapred now
since May of 1998.  She is doing quite well considering her age and her
ailments.

Which brings me back to the ailment of adrenal disease.  I took Daisy to
the vet the instant I noticed the hair loss pattern starting.  Granted,
Daisy eats well, gets around very well, bowels are fine, overall she is one
sharp cookie :o)  Debbie, (my vet), assessed Daisy and really doesn't want
to do surgery unless Daisy's quality of life is affected.  Debbie does
however want me to bring Daisy in every few months for a quick run down of
her overall changes in health, eating patterns, glucose levels, etc..  If
all meets well, then still she refuses to do any surgery on Daisy.

With Jade Elaine's situtation it was different, his quality of life was
being affected, so surgery was our best option.  I lost him to cardiac
arrest during this surgery :o( God knows we had to try.

So, as much as I worry, and want Daisy to free of her adrenal probs, I have
to agree with my vet, that in leaving Daisy be for the moment is best.
Again, it's when Debbie feels that Daisy 'needs' the surgery, and only
then will she perform it, providing Daisy is a good surgical candidate.

Jadesun, Dai Mai n' Amber-Lynn
terribly missing Jade Elaine :o(
http://www3.nbnet.nb.ca/jadesun
                   @->->-