From:
Kelleen Andrews <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 22 Feb 1996 04:51:44 -0800
Hi All,

With Paw Paw's permission I am writing to you, the FML, as a whole about
something that is distressing my Paw Paw terribly.

You see, quite by accident, Paw Paw has become one of the members we seem to
most all adore.  His funny stories and wonderful heart make him something
quite special.  He is the best of friends and holds great store in honor.
That seems to be part of the problem I think.  Sweet Paw Paw receives
soooooo much personal mail that he cannot begin to keep up.  He loves to
hear from everyone so don't stop writing please.  The problem is that Paw
Paw's honor is such that he feels he MUST respond to every person that
writes to him.  Only now that has become nearly impossible.  He worries that
a person may be hurt or offended if he does not write back to them.

I have personally suggested to Paw Paw that he write one long letter
including comments to each individual if wanted and then cc'ing it to all
who wrote.  Or even writing say 3 long letters and send them to 3 larger
groups of people.  I think we all feel when we write that the letter should
be of decent length but this idea makes that no longer necessary.  Short
comments to each person and then overall comments for everyone and you've
got it made.  I think Paw Paw feels this would still be too impersonal.  In
realtiy tho we must help Paw Paw to find a solution as this last round he
had about 200 people to get back to.

I and Paw Paw would be most grateful if you would send in your ideas on a
solution for this problem.  You can post here or to me or Paw Paw
personally.  WE THANK YOU!

*      Kelleen & the INSANE Animal House              *
*      President and Founder of F.A.N.G.              *
*      (Ferret Association of Neverending Glee)       *
*      Boise, Idaho                                   *
*   I'll take a good animal over a good mate anyday!  *
*   All they want is lots of love and great chow.     *
*         Idiocy is our only option!                  *
*     Dustin Hoffman from movie Outbreak              *