From:
LCPL JENNIFER J ACKLEY <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 28 Apr 1998 18:36:31 -0400
hi i need help!!!!  my ferret twinkie died last week from severe anemia
cause of anemia unknown and now two of the four i adopted from a couple in
durham have been diagonised with the same thing.  with one at the rainbow
bridge and two sick ferrets i need all the help i can get.  i need everyone
to e-mail me with all the facts they known about ferret anemia.  the causes
how to treat it and what viruses may lead to this.  at first the first vet
said they were heartbroken after being with the old owners for years they
were stressed by the changes and the move.  we also have 6 other ferrets and
they are healthy and i need to find out what this is so they are not in
danger too.  we have been refered to dr.hudson in cary, nc about 2 1/2 hrs
away and have a appointment on friday but i'd love advice and info.  here
are their symptoms:

1) ocassional diareha
2) won't eat solid food
3) paw at their mouth (vet says due to naseua)
4) lost weight
5) weak but still walking
6) vet ran a cbc panel this morning here before he refered me to dr.hudson
   in cary nc the results were:

 a) low red blood cell count a lot under the normal red count
 b) low white blood cells just slightly lower

please help me i am desperate and if you know any on line vets could you
please forward this to them.

jennifer, bobby, 9 carpet sharks and 2 precious angels at the rainbow bridge