From:
Troy Lynn Eckart <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 8 Nov 2012 10:14:06 -0500
http://www.ferretgivingtree.com/

The tree is open for picking. When I checked there were 28 trees with
284 ferrets needing santas, 119 have santas, and 5 have crossed the
Rainbow Bridge. Those numbers will increase daily (hopefully the
santas will be much more than the need this year).

This year, with the unexpected medical costs for Simba, I won't be able
to pick as many ferrets from the trees as I usually do. One or possibly
two will be my limit this year. I know there are several people that
pick multiple ferrets just to make sure they have santas. Each year
as the trees grow, it becomes more heartbreaking to see so many needy
innocents and those that choose many have wallets stretched to, and
sometimes beyond their limits.

My requests is that others step up to the plate and pick a ferret or
two so the act of giving can be shared by everyone.

If you don't know what to send, a gift card is a valuable choice as all
ferret shelters can use them and most post the particular ones they can
use, if not, a Walmart gift card or one of the on-line ferret store
gift cards will help them. If you want to send a special personal gift
too, you can do that too.

To gain more santas for the shelters and their ferrets, the ferret
giving tree link can be posted on your social media sites and other
ferret lists. Spread the word!

Please pick and send your gifts early, so that this year all the
ferrets will be picked from the trees and their gifts received well
before christmas.

Shelters, please put your ferrets up earlier rather than later, even
though you have till end of November to put your ferrets up. I
understand it is an extra task and time that is already stretched to
the limits, but think of this, the sooner the ferrets are up the sooner
your little ones will have the opportunity to be picked and receive
their gifts early.

If you become a santa and something happens that you can't follow
through, please contact the shelter and post on fml so that others
can help out. We all know how life can throw curves into our plans.

The act of giving is wonderful, not only for those receiving but for
those that give as well.

Thank you.
tle
www.ferretfamilyservices.org