Date:
Wed, 18 Aug 2004 15:08:43 EDT
Hi all - this is in response to the gal who is getting rid of her dryer -
due to it being "scratched", etc.  from fert hardware - I use two methods
- both of which have worked wonderfully, to save my future dryers from
damage!!  The first is to "cover" the hardware with duct tape!  This
works fine - if you don't use a super high setting on your dryer.  High
settings will melt the adhesive and cause the tape to "fall off" during
the "tumbling.  Only problem?  Sticky stuff on the metal pieces.  This
can be removed however, with lighter fluid, or any other "adhesive"
remover.  A much simpler, less expensive way is to take either old
nylons, or an old cheesecloth bag , or even those new "do it yourself "
dry cleaning bags -and "tuck" the hammies (or whatever it is) in it -
and dry that way.  This prevents the metal from "dinging" all over the
dryer as well, thereby enlongating the life of your "enamel" in your
dryer.  If all else fails, and you have some extra cash you can now
purchase an "insert" for your dryer - that you can lay your "delicates"
on.  It keeps the dryer from "tumbling" - yet keeps the heat blowing,
etc.  I haven't used this particular method (cause I can't afford the
darn insert *snarl, snark*), but my Mom swears by it!!  I hope this
helps someone!

Kim and Her Army of Idiots