From:
Rebecca Stout <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 6 Sep 2006 21:40:19 EDT
It is no secret to my closest friends that Steve Irwin was one of my
heroes.  He was superman.  Now he is gone.  I can only pray that Bindy
will carry on what he began when she is old enough.  It was his dream to
hand the ball off to her as soon as she was an adult as his father did
for him.  Maybe Baby Bob will share the vision as well.

Crocodile Steve was so very much more than the "character" he portrayed
to the public for entertainment and education.  You have no idea.  That
was just a very small fraction of this man.  He has made a real
difference in wildlife conservation world wide, not just in Australia.

Once upon a time, the Olympics were held at our neighbors in Sydney.  I
came on the FML and shared some fun banter with our Aussie friends.  Then
I ran a string of posts on the FML about Carpet Shark Scott (my husband)
who has always humorously ran about the house chasing the babies making
believe he was the Crocodile Hunter.  Because I was a bit ill back then
and because I could not so much as talk about it without laughing, it's
a bit hard to understand those posts.  Anyway, Kat Parsons made a really
fun page with a few of them a few years back.  I think you might get a
kick out of reading about ferret life with Carpet Shark Scott doing it
Aussie style.

In remembrance of a fellow animal lover ...
www.wolfysluv.com/aussie.html

Wolfy
ps, I keep thinking this is a bad dream and that surely he is in a
hospital somewhere because that stinger missed his heart by a few inches
and he is saying, "Crickey!  Did you see the size of that bugga?  What a
wollap she gave me.  That was a close one, mate.  What a beaut!"