From:
Kaye FitzGerald-Gorham <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 15 Aug 1998 15:56:20 +0100
>From:    Jacky Adams <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Castration of males
>My baby /psychopathic overactive flyer, is not castrated.  Without wishing
>to offend anybody how big does he have to be before I can get him snipped?
>He has suddenly started to get hyper and is jumping on Rosie...

Hiya,

Our 2 boys were done when they were about 8 months old (I think)....... but
the real deciding factor is when they come into rut!  You will know.....
believe me!  it's based on the length of daylight hours which trigger them
off and then they get really pongy and very rough.........Buzz was taking
lumps out of Woody's neck trying to mount him!  Don't worry about it
yet.......16 weeks is still a baby..........over her in the UK we tend to
do it later than in the US.  Talk to Sheila Crompton of Bolton ferret
welfare for more expert advice than mine!  :-)
"Sheila Crompton"  <[log in to unmask]>

>Guess what we just bought for 30p each down the local flea market today?
>Not 1 but 2 toy giraffes from MacD's.....for the kids, but obviously we'll
>have to watch out for the ferrets too!

I'd watch the football idea.........just make sure they're not chewing it
and swallowing the bits.  Maybe you could ask the manufacturers if they
could send you a replacement?  Sometimes works!

K.