Date:
Sat, 27 Sep 2003 12:19:46 -0700
Advocate.  This is the one word that best describes this speaker.
Advocate for flesh or fur, it matters not.  If there is a worthy cause
to cross her path, this woman will raise the banner for it.  Happily
married for about 15 years now, this diverse woman has two sons.  She has
had ferrets for the best part of 30 years and currently has eight.  Of
course she has a favorite but you will have to ask her who that would be.

Born in South Jersey, this transplanted northerner, this Mom enjoys
writing.  She is an effervescent free lancer who has contributed to
several magazines, among them Modern Ferret and Ferrets.  When asked to
share her favorite ferret tale, this writer declined saying, *Every day
is an adventure with these special creatures.  That is what makes them
unique.  I am a story teller by nature and they give me great material
each and every day.*

While in Atlanta, this adventuress wants to explore.  Her list of fun
includes *Hmmm, oh lots of things.*  Like, shopping (at all the little
vendors and stands that have unique and difficult to get ferret items).
And, eating - *I'm going to experience some of that southern sweet tea,
great cooking and cuisine.* And more * soak up the lovely warmth the
South has to offer, visit the zoo, and possibly visit a
juggling/yoyo/magic shop for my son.*

But, like other ferret lovers, she wants to be near ferrets!  *Most
of all, I want to visit Atlanta's ferret Shelter, "Just a Business of
Ferrets".*  Y all come meet this versatile woman on Thursday night at the
shelter benefit.  You will also get to share a meal and a glass of tea.

Oh, she s a hugger, too.  *I can't wait to hug so many people that have
helped (ferrets) in various ways such as rescuing, adopting, offering
expert services to those in need, and being such a great support network
for animals and people alike.*

Her dream for the International Ferret Congress
(http://www.ferretcongress.org) is that *they continue Randy Belair s
foundation and dream of offering International Ferret Symposiums.  I
hope that they also offer small symposium/get-together sort of events
like Forum of the Falls to educate people and (acquaint them) with each
other.  I hope that their events circulate to hit various cultures
discover and share new and fresh points of view from the ferret community
and businesses all over the globe so that we can get a healthy variety of
flavors of information, points of view, opinions, research, humor, art,
and resources.*

The stories she tells about her family have kept us all in smiles and
tears.  If you want to know what she has contributed to God's Messengers:
What Animals Teach Us About the Divine by Allen and Linda Anderson, find
Rebecca (Wolfy) Stout at the Symposium.  I am sure she will have a copy
and may autograph one for you.