From:
William Killian <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 31 Mar 2001 17:54:08 -0500
>From:    [log in to unmask]
>Subject: Dayna Frazier
>I just read about Dayna Frazier crossing the bridge and to me, this is a
>great loss for the ferret community.  I will always remember her stories
>about the little ferret whose legs were gone because someone had chained
>them up so bad they had to be amputated and how she encouraged this little
>guy to play and live life to his fullest.  I will also always remember her
>stories about the truck driver whose ferrets she rescued after they nearly
>died in the desert heat when his truck broke down.

She did have a great imagination.  Thank goodness no ferrets actually had
to go through the ordeals she imagined.

The stories always varied a bit.  The most elaborate of her tales involved
the billionaire in the Dakotas that built a home for mistreated ferrets
that was designed so that the ferrets would never have to see another
human.  Sometimes that billionaire was also the guy with the broken truck.

Of course sometimes her stories involved real people and that was when
perhaps she should have thought about it more before spinning yarns.

[Moderator's note: Perhaps all the stories weren't true.  But that made
them all the more amazing.  Yes, I must agree with Bill -- Dayna had a
rare gift and entertained and educated many with her stories.  To this
day I still get requests for them.  I will miss them and her.  BIG]