From:
Ferret Wise Shelter <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 26 Sep 2002 09:56:29 -0400
It's been a while so I am here to update you on the ADV Quilt project!
The ADV QUilt is being created to raise awareness on the need to research
and find a cure or treatments for ADV - Aleutian's Disease Virus.  Which
claims the lives of ferrets from coast to coast in the US and abroad too!
A brainchild of Lin MIller - this project was born at the 2002 Ferret
Symposium in LAs Vegas last February.

I am happy to report that enough quilt blocks have been forwarded to
complete the first panel of this quilt.  In a recent communication with
Lin she hopes to have the top done on this coming Sunday.  It will then
go to Ardith in NV for quilting and binding!  We are very hopeful that
this quilt will make it's premier debut on October 26th in Parsippany NJ-
Shelter Dad Dino will display it behind the Ferret Wise display and we
will accept donations and have a raffle basket ( donated by Ferret Wise)
to award to the lucky purchaser of tix that day!  - ALL PROCEEDS will
benefit ADV research at U of Ga.

We are also accepting quilt squares dedicated to ADV ferrets (both past &
present ) to create "ADV Quilt II" - it is our hopes that previewing
these quilts at ferret events coast to coast will bring about a greater
understanding of this terrible disease- and help folks take precautions
to eliminate the spread.  If you would like more information on
submitting quilt squares please email our above email addy-

* Please forward the completed square - squares / on 100% pre-washed
  cotton may be appliqued, quilted, embroidered etc.  Squares Need to be
  on pre-washed fabric and able to be washed and pressed after completion.

12x 12 inches ( with 1 inch border on all sides for assembly ) to:

ADV QUilt c/o Ferret Wise
PO Box 561
Marlborough, NH 03455-0561 USA

and again- Thanks for taking the time to contribute to this educational
project!

Alicia