From:
Katharine <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 6 Feb 2010 00:55:57 -0500
I would like to let everyone know what a big heart Sandi has! My story
starts Monday night. My old girl (adopted from FURRY in saint louis)
named Princess started to vomit and had runny poo. I called Sandi in a
panic to see what I could do to help Princess untill the vet opened in
the morning. She walked me through everything I needed to do to keep
her hydrated and to stop the vomiting and help with the loose stool. I
am sure I called her 10 times that night.

Princess had an appoitment first thing the next morning. She got sub q
fluids and some prednisone along with antibotics. The vet wasnt sure if
the cancer in her intestines was causing the sickness or an infection
and didnt want to give up on her. So I called Sandi crying and told her
what the vet told me. She was so caring. I then asked Sandi if and when
I had to put my old girl to sleep if she would be there? Sandi said "oh
course, I will be there for both of you." That was such a relief, my
husband is in the navy and is on cruise right now so knowing I would
have someone there really helped me. Well Princess had 2 good day and
got sick again I knew it was time to tell her good bye. I called Sandi
to let her know Princess had an appoitment today at 2:45 Sandi was
waiting at the vet clinic for me. I knew I wasn't strong enough to hold
Princess when she crossed the rainbow bridge so Sandi went into the
room and held my "baby girl" untill the end. Sandi came out and huged
me and told me I made the right decission and that she told Princess
all about the rainbow bridge. as I sit here crying my eyes out I thank
God I found such a dear friend in Sandi. True friends like her are few
and far between. (I just signed up for FML so I could let everyone know
what a great friend Sandi is.)

Katharine Jenkins