From:
Roger Vaughn <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 8 May 2003 21:55:05 -0400
>... would only be about 1/4 of an inch, but they would somehow squeeze
>it out two, three, four times in different spots in the room.

We have a couple that occasionally leave "pooplets" like this, but never
in a pattern that makes it seem like marking.  It seems more like they're
just determined to go, no matter how much - or how little - is loaded in
the hopper at the time.

>Since everyone has different views of right, wrong, responsible,
>irresponsible, I guess that unless hard evidence is available, then
>I think it should be up to the individual shelter operator to decide
>to whom to adopt.  I'll sit and think more about this, though.

You're right of course, and shelter operators have to have at least
decent people instincts for that reason.  Consider though, that some of
the worst people are some of the best actors, and can fool all but the
best judges of character.  The con is part of the game, and these people
have plenty of practice at it.  I would think that a shelter operator
would love to have a little help at spotting these really tough cases.
Fortunately those people are few though.  And that Yahoo group is
definitely NOT the way to go about helping.

roger & the wolverine wannabees
missing bear