Date:
Fri, 7 Jul 2000 02:24:30 -0400
As mom to 5 fuzzies I am also mom/breeder of persians.  I advise against
using the clumping litter for any animal.  Of course this is my opinion,
you may have had a great experience with it.  There have been a few cases,
usually in young animals of enough litter being swallowed to cause fatal
blockage.  Ferrets especially love to play in litter so would be even more
apt to swallow some.  I do not think the convenience is worth the risk.
I personally think cats pride, blue bag (not the clumping one they have
come out with) is a great litter.  Scented but not overly and not dusty.
Walmart sells a similar one, special kitty scented which I have purchased
on occassion.  Try this test, measure equal amount of clumping and clay
litter, then add equal amounts of water.  I think you will see how the
water forms the hard clumps in the first while the clay gets soggy.  which
would you rather your babies accidentally swallow?

Sheryl