From:
Inez Gowsell <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
The Ferret Mailing List (FML)
Date:
Mon, 12 Jul 1993 22:41:10 -0400
Hi there.

Gila went to the vet for her rabies shot and check up today.  She is
fine except for ear mites!  :(  I hate treating those things!  For
those who have not been fortunate to experience this, it involves  putting
ear drops in her ears (where else?  :)  twice a day for a week, stop for
a week, then repeat.  The medication is called Tresaderm and *must* be
refrigerated!  Can anyone tell me how to hold/distract a ferret while
putting ice-cold drops in her ears?

Also, I thought she was getting better as far as biting or should I say
not biting.  Unfortunately, on Friday she bit me again, hard enough to
draw blood!  I am not too happy about this.  I will go through back issues
of the list to see how to deal with this, because I know it has been
mentioned before.

I would like suggestions for what type of toy to make for her.  I might
break down and give her an old, but still good :) sock if I can't find
anything else.  She seems to want to play, but doesn't tug on stuff very
much.  Also, she bites too hard when I get close to her, so I am afraid
to play-fight with her.  It is hard to discipline her for biting when
you are playing, but I want her to learn how hard is too hard.

It is nice having a pet around again.  I do enjoy the company.  I just
wish she was a little friendlier.

Inez

--
"I am likely to be a little bit wiser than he in this very thing:  that
whatever I do not know, I do not even suppose I know."   Socrates

Inez Gowsell    Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, Canada