From:
"Robyn B. Stephens" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 3 Mar 1997 10:51:44 -0600
A while back a couple of different folks had asked about the risks if a kit
doesn't get all 3 of its initial distemper shots.  I've been awaiting an
answer from vets with interest so I can pass it on to my vet, but I've
unfortunately have missed a reply.

When I took my first kit (Gus, a MF sable) to my vet, he gave him a shot of
Fervac-D and said that no more shots were needed until next year.  (I
assumed Gus had already had one when I got him.  He was already 5 months
when I acquired him and assumed it was several weeks/months since he got his
first shot at MF.) I replied to my vet that I had heard and read that a kit
needs 3 shots initially, about 2 weeks apart, and then one annually.  My vet
said that wasn't really necessary, but was interested in any info I could
acquire on the subject.

OK, vets out there that are experts on ferrets, please let me know your
opinion so I can pass it on to my vet.  He is a great vet that knows
somethings about ferrets (heck, he at least has Fervac-D in stock even
thought he doesn't see a lot of ferrets) and would like to know what others
are doing.  Thanks.