From:
Elton & Nancy Sanders <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 16 Feb 1998 09:37:21 -0500
Hi Folks

It is true, that shows promote implues buying.  However, the people who are
selling ferrets can still screen the buyers!  At shows, you can meet more
shelters and breeders.  You can talk to them without feeling you are
obglicated (sp?) to get your fuzzy(s) from them.  You also have a chance to
see breeder/shelter ferrets that are not in your area.  At the last LAFF
show, I aquired SuperSnooper from a breeder in Baltimore.  He is an absoulte
sweet fat, sassy fuzzybutt.  I would not have know about the breeder nor
would I have driven two hours to see them if they were not at the show.

A good friend of mine abopted a pair of fuzzies from a shelter display at a
show.  Again, she would not have driven to Virginia Beach to see a ferret.
She was more than happy to get the ferrets at the show.  She, as I did, has
a nice selection to choose from.

My worst fear is to bring home the dreaded g**** s****.  That is why I keep
new ferrets isolated for a couple of weeks.  So far, no problems with
"imported" bugs.

Nan and gang

p.s. SuperSnooper is still going after Hershey.  They were best buds until
Hershey had her surgery.  Now he grabs her by the scuff and she squeels
HELP!!!