From:
Debbi Searing <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 23 Feb 2000 21:44:11 EST
Molly just had the ear mite shot last week (called Invermectin), prior to
starting the Tresaderm drops.  That's how bad her ears were, poor thing :-(
That's what Merlin had when I first brought him home, and it seemed to work
well for him too--we just should have treated ALL our animals at the same
time, and maybe the mites wouldn't have come back!  After his shot, I just
had to give Merlin the Invermectin orally once a week for two more weeks.
I don't know if this is normal procedure (someone else could answer that?)
but it was a heck of a lot better than squirting cold drops into the ears
of 2 squirmy ferrets and 3 totally disgusted cats!

How about let's discuss
ferret quirks?  Like the fact that Merlin will only eat food he has dumped
on the floor....or how he only steals the baby doll from my daughter's doll
house, or that he chewed the tails off all her mermaid bath dolls, but left
all the other plastic toys alone (don't worry, he didn't swallow any
pieces, we found all the tails under my daughter's bureau!), or the way he
sticks his nose right on the ferretvite I try to give him so he ends up
getting it all over his whiskers and face, then runs off shaking his head
like a total dope, while Molly daintily licks the stuff from my finger and
looks at him like he's a loon! :-)

gotta love 'em!

debbi and the fearsome twosome (watch out cats, here they come!)