From:
sargentcolburn <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 3 Jul 2002 19:28:20 -0400
Dear Ferret Folks-

It is hot here in central Massachusetts, danged hot.  I am very glad that
I am not covered in short gray fur, like Switch and Sabrina.  This is not
their favourite time of the year.

I have pretty much given them free run of the house for the last few days,
so that they are free to sleep in the coolest spots.  I am providing dry
food in a bowl on the floor, and a huge pyrex bowl of water.  (It has to
be huge and heavy, or Switch will try to drag it to a better spot.  If it
won't fit just right into her better spot, she will turn it sideways until
it does.  Very annoying.)

My sister and law thoughtfully put a few ice cubes in the bowl today, she
thought it would be a kindness.  Switch really enjoys snorkeling in the
bowl when there are cubes in it.  They were a big hit.

Then Switch decided to stash the cubes, one by one.  So nice and cold,
how could she resist.  Yes, she stashed them somewhere, presumably in a
pile that she has been lying down on, because her flanks are wet.  And
the pile is getting smaller, and smaller...

Poor Switch.  It was a nice try, anyway, but cubes don't stash well in
July.

Alexandra in Massachusetts