From:
Kim Burkard <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 8 Jul 1998 11:15:59 EDT
Re: Sadie
>... she is barfing about every 3 days or so.  She is eating (IAMS kitten),
>drinking, pooping, and playing as usual but over the last 2 or 3 weeks she
>has barfed 4 or so times.  ...

The very best advice I can give you is to see your vet about this.  Barfing
isn't a very common thing with ferrets so it should probably be checked out
by a professional.

That said, it is possible that the hairball you found was the culprit.
Extra hair in the tummy can make ferrets (and other critters like cats)
kind of pukey.  Even so, I still would persue getting Sadie looked at by
your vet - for Sadie's sake and for your peace of mind.

Re: Ferrets & rabbits
It seems to me that there was an article on rabbiting with ferrets (in the
UK of course) in a Modern Ferret issue.  I can't recall the issue number,
but I can check it out if you are interested.

Anyways, it had some pictures and descriptions about how ferrets would flush
the rabbits into waiting nets.  Definately much safer for the ferrets then
using guns as was mentioned in an earlier post.

-kim, squirt (would scare a rabbit with his snoring), pippi (would have
been a great rabbiting ferret), atlas ('uh, what's a rabbit?), and jinx
(the spaz)

Kimberly Burkard     |             _    Everything I needed to know in life,
Eastman Kodak Company|      _____C .._. I learned from my ferret:
Rochester, New York  | ____/     \___/  Frolic and dance for joy often, have
[log in to unmask]    |<____/\_---\_\    no fear or worries, and enjoy life.