From:
ferretfanatic <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 13 Feb 2003 14:16:45 -0500
Like walking in the rain and the snow....oops, no snow here in sunny
Southern Florida.....

This is just to remind people that use pressure cookers to make their
fuzzies chicken gravy of the dangers of pressure cookers.  I loved my
pressure cooker, make up 2 chickens a month with it, did I say my fuzzies
LOVE Bob Church's chicken gravy???

Just put on the 2nd chicken for their double batch of gravy Wednesday,
follow the safety useage of the pressure cooker to a T.  It had only
been on for 2 minutes and it started letting out the steady stream that
is a sign to turn the stove down and keep at a steady temperature.
Reached over the cooker to turn it down and it blew a seal.  Shot hot
steam out sideways.  I grabbed my shirt, turned, lifted up my shirt and
ran.  Kitchen floor is wet from the cooker blowing and all I managed to
do was the splits on the floor.  MIL is here and she is screaming and
thought I broke a couple legs from the way I landed.  Luckily, I had
lifted up my shirt after it initially hit, or I would have had more
damage.  Emergency room visit.  1st and 2nd degree burns on my abdomen.
Silvadene and pain pills.

This cooker has many safety features including a steam let off valve
should the pressure increase too much, and an alarm to let you know the
pressure is at dangerous levels.  Neither worked.

I have checked and rechecked the seal it blew.  Not a darn thing wrong
with it, not as much as a scratch on it.

Am not using it again.  Think somebody somewhere is gonna be paying my
emergency room co-pay.... Please, if you are using a pressure cooker,
take extra precautions.  I followed every safety precaution.  Needless
to say, my fuzzies are having boneless gravy this month because I am not
in shape enough to grind the bones.....

the things we do for love.....

--
Vicki L. Henderson-aka-Ferret Fanatic