From:
Tillie & Amy Evers <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 1 Aug 1996 19:38:20 -0700
Hi all, I'm just kinda catching up 'cause this week is our county fair, and
I've been "fair going"!  Well, you will never guess what I heard at the
fair.... I stopped by this yummy looking food booth and the young fella
inside noticed my Ferret T-shirt and said that he used to have a ferret.  He
said he had to give it up because he didn't have time for it.  Then his Mom
started to say something about "what the doctor told them..." and son tried
to hush her by putting his hand over her mouth.  So, I said "Which one was
it.... the Baby Killer one or the Blood Sucker one?" (with a silly grin on
my face, of course) She then confessed that her Doc.  ( In Boise Idaho ) had
told her that Ferrets are notorious for un- provoked attacks on babies &
small children.  As they were going to have a family reunion (or something
like that) where there would be several of both around, the Doc.  strongly
advised them to get rid of the Ferret.  I then explained that this was
nothing but a bad myth, just like cats sucking the breath from babies, etc.
and that the Doc was VERY mistaken and misinformed.  The boy turned to his
Mom then and said "See!  I told you it sounded like an old wives tail".

As for Megan's story about the boy and the throat biting story.... ever see
The Beastmaster?  At the end, one of the Ferrets jumps up from the ground
(yeah right) and bites the bad priest in the neck, saving the day.  Bad
press here.....

And now, this new one about ferrets hating pregnant women. Sheesh! What will
surface next? Ferrets traveling house to house thru the sewer system because
you left the toilet seat up?!

On the lighter side, Go team USA!!  bring home that carrot ball Gold!!  So
glad to see Tater & Odie and Cookie back in the running!!  Good Luck!

Amy & Katie
"Here's Dookin' at you Kit!"