From:
SHARON DOWELL <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 30 Dec 2001 07:46:45 -0500
I, too, have an English Bulldog Ferret.  He is of European bloodline.  His
features are similar to the ones described on here previously except his
tail is long.

The difference that I am finding out between the different bloodlines of
ferrets is that my English Bulldog ferret (his name is Bouncin Ben of
Baltimore) is very square and broad in structure not to mention his huge
size (he weighs over 5 pounds and is 6 months old).  His face is of a sort
of squarish structure and broader than the regular faces of ferrets (it's
not as long) and his legs and paws are broader which leads me to describe
them as sort of stubby.  He is very broad throughout the body and his size
is huge.

The bouncin part of his name describes him perfectly because he bounces
all around the ferret room.  He is so adorable.  Next to my other ferrets
he can be considered a very BIG ferret.  He is very gentle (that's where
the part of his name Ben comes into play because he reminds me of the
Bear "Gentle Ben") and I call my baby bear cub.

They are great to have.  I searched the internet looking for more
information on his hereditary and found that you can get it by searching
under Scottish or English ferrets (search individually for each) and you
should come across some websites that even have pictures.

I've noticed that with most of the European bloodline ferrets that they
usually are in the category of Big ferrets.  I know that my other two
ferrets that I have who are also very big have european blood in them
because of their size and bone structure.  But Ben is the broadest
amongst the three.