From:
Kristen Onasch <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 10 Jan 2007 08:25:35 -0500
I don't usually post, but I just had to comment on this. I've done the
Giving Tree for the past two years, and neither year did I get a thank
you - but neither year did I expect one. In my opinion, the Giving Tree
isn't just our chance to make a ferret's Christmas a little special,
it's also a way for us to THANK THEM - the shelter operators - for
everything they do by caring for these abandanoned ferrets.

This past year I've had some of my old guys get sick and pass away.
It's taken a lot of time and energy to care for them. I can't even
begin to imagine what it would be like to have 50 or 60 or 100 ferrets
to care for, and not just with sick ones needing food and medication
either. Emptying litter boxes, cleaning cages, clipping nails, etc - it
all takes time. Shelter moms and dads pour their heart and soul (and
their lives) into their shelters - so you know, I don't care if I ever
get a thank you. Knowing that those shelters are out there doing what
they do day in and day out is thank you enough for me.